As Phase IV expansion, Technopark, Trivandrum is developing 450 acres of land in Pallippuram, 5 Kms north from the main Technopark campus on the NH 47 to Kollam. This development has been conceptualized as an integrated IT township, encompassing IT/ITeS infrastructure., residential apartments, shopping malls, hospitals, hotels, educational institutions, and other support facilities. Technopark shall act as a single point contact and provide all the utilities and support services.
- In addition to IT, other focus areas will be biotechnology, nanotechnology, high-end manufacturing and R&D.
- The entire project will be developed through multiple Special Purpose Vehicles (SPV’s) in association with leading developers.
* Special Economic Zone Status for an area of 47.5 acres has been granted by the Government of India. The Technocity Project will be developed as an integrated IT township with IT/ITES office space, commercial space, multiplexes, hotels, international schools, management schools and residential accommodation, etc.
* Preliminary work of appointment of consultants for power distribution and work on water distribution scheme underway
- Project area: 450 Acres
- On the main National Highway 47 at Pallippuram
- 14 Kms. from the Trivandrum International Airport
- Location: Technocity Campus, Trivandrum (5 Kms. from Technopark)
- Type of development: SEZ/Non-SEZ land / Built-up space
- Basic infrastructure- power, water, roads, telecom, datacom, water treatment plant
- Good access Roads to Technocity
- SEZ /Non-SEZ land for IT/ITES Companies and or developers
- SEZ Built-up space to be available by 2011.
1. Land Acquisition
180.6 Acres of land out of 451 acres, acquired. Amount deposited for 250 acres of balance land which is expected to come to Technopark’s possession with in a week.
2. Topographic survey.
Survey work completed in about 180.6acres. Clear boundary to be demarcated and boundary stones to be planted in remaining land for completing the survey work.
3. Appointment of Technical Consultant.
Technical Consultant for Power supply and distribution has been identified. Order will be issued soon.
4. Financial assistance for Technocity from JICA
Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, Govt. of India has forwarded the project proposal to Dept. of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance, Govt. of India.
WORKS BY OTHER AGENCIES
1. Water supply ( deposit work by KWA)
DPR received from KWA for sourcing water from Vamanapuram river.
Draft agreement with KWA being reviewed.
2. Approach road from NH ( Deposit work by PWD)
An amount of Rs. 595.96 lakhs deposited with PWD for developing approach road to Technocity project.